Sunday 20 May 2007

Today I received my nestum from Malaysia

A title assumed by shu, and as usual you’re wrong. Actually today I did get some new stuff. Did a lil book shopping just now, a yearly thing for me because May is the month I usually get book allowance from JPA but this year it’s done without the cash cause JPA intentionally/accidentally didn’t transfer the money. Not to worry, they gave verbal confirmation that I’ll get the money before end of this month. Em, I’ll just have to take their words for now and continue with shopping.

Exactly 5pm I entered Hodges Figgis with a list of books, a €10 book voucher (thanx niesa) and a credit card that can buy a car if I wanted to. An hour to spend there but half an hour should be more than enough cause I’ve decided to buy only 2 out of 6 books that I’ve listed from a week of research. First book on the list was unavailable and so did the second. Third was in stock but cost me a whopping €26.45 for a 264 pages hardcover book. 10 cent for each page. Very expensive, but I just hold on to it and check for any other similar books from the same categories. Others didn’t have any influence on me to change my mind so I’ll take this expensive book and made a booking for the first book.

When I looked at the price tag, it nearly touch €30 and I need €3 more to spend to get 3 stamps for my Hodges Figgis loyalty card which was already 3/8 full (thanx again niesa). I don’t like to waste so I’m back to the list where next book is an autobiography. Em, already lost interest in that book. Now just 2 books left, both fiction. One is under the category body, mind and spirit and the other one just is another fiction. Hoping that one of them will cost me around €14 but each cost around €11. Damn. If i took all 3 books the total is €48.45. still €1.55 short. Damn some more. It's almost 6 and most of the sections inside the store was closed leaving me with a very limited option, f***, cut the story short I brought another €2.99 small bargain book to the till together with the books I've picked before and paid for all of them making me their last customer for the weekend. hehe, another first time moment for me. A big spend but satisfied, 3 good books and a full stamped loyalty card, which entitled me for a €10 discount for my next purchase, the 1st book.

this is the list. Maybe you guys can get the book i didn't get and read them carefully, then wrap it nicely for my birthday.

  1. Hamas : Unwritten Chapters by Azzam Tamimi
  2. Hamas: A beginner's Guide by Khaled Hroub
  3. Palestine : Peace not Apartheid by Jimmy Carter
  4. Suleiman the Magnificent : The Man His Life His Epoch by Andre Clot
  5. Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho
  6. Perfume by Patrick Süskind

books that i got, from left 1, 5, 6 and Accomodating Brocolli in the Cemetary - Vivian Cook

5 comments:

Shouta M said...

what do u mean AS USUAL i'm wrong? (soo generalization ok!!)

btw, is that the book perfume which was adapted to a movie? (or vice versa m not sure) if yes, nak pinjam nanti leh (book after la) he he..

jazree said...

haha, ur wrong cause i'm always right, hahahahaha... it's a blog entry, tiny exaggeration is acceptable.

yep, the novel has it's movie adaptation. haven't watch the movie yet but i don't think film can describes scent as good as words. n surely there'll be nudity..! astagfirullah... baik aku taubat awal2 kan, before finals nanti. haha...

pinjam la kalau nak, aku bace time summer nanti.. tapi buku pamuk tu pun tak abih2 kau bace.

Dr. Aneesa said...

some preety heavy books ur reading there. (altho i dont kno abt the 'perfume' one).

ur welcome on the voucher and stamps.

enjoy the reading, altho...dont get too wound up abt 'globalisation' and 'avoid' thing.

jazree said...

not really heavy. 1 concise current issues, 2 short novels and 1 very short comedy, a total of less than 900 pages with big writings.

it's already 2007. globalization is yesterday news.

Dr. Aneesa said...

im so yesterday.

damn it.

nestum lagi yesterday.
org mkn oats la skang.